Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 51-55

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 51-55 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 51-55

evilpii
    Participant
    none
    I do not believe we have ever seen the GP quite this aggressive, particularly considering the amount of collateral damage possible here. The SWAT division doesn’t seem to mind body count, do they? blush1

I am tangentially interested in the politics here. The United Nations seems aware of extraterrestrials to the point of having treaties with the GP. Considering Sasami has a neurolyzer, one wonders if there is/was an actual Men-in-Black-like organization that served as intermediary. Hmm… where have I heard that idea before? Then, one could go into the fun questions about the first contact. tuxedodouche

I am impressed that the GP have this sewn up as well as they do. They have plants as military officers on site, just like the Operative in TM!iL1. Might one of them get discovered much like he was? WANT1 The sciency bits seem pretty well set too, opposing frequencies and the like. I’m really digging this episode, and I’m waiting for it to fall horribly apart in the next two. iloveit1

That energy barrier idea reminds me of BBL Hatoful… What are you telling me, Negishi? wth2

Nil Admirari wrote:

I’m not 100% sure on it, but I feel as though the two animal-aliens seen aboard the GP ship could be throwbacks to the design/race of the Operator from Tenchi Muyo in Love! It’s not exact, but the hair and fur colors are extremely close to each other, as well as the general design of feline features. Figured it was worth a mention, since there’s been plenty of callbacks to the other shows and movies left and right.

Oh, I think there’s some precedent. Check out these screen caps from Universe and TM!iL1. gendo1

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/gisho_zps7015a5e9.png" />

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/tmil1-1_zps45b7e6d9.png" />