Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 11-15

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 11-15 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 11-15

evilpii
    Participant
    none

evilpii wrote:

Yet, I do not think we will have a conclusion to this scene tomorrow. Considering the pattern of episodes of the last two weeks, I have a bet that tomorrow’s episode will return to the feudal scenario with “Universe” Ryoko and Mihoshi. We might see Tenchiken pop out there too, but we will have to tune in to see. Tenchismile

… I should have known this show would make me a liar at least once. blush1 Still, today’s episode was awesome. kiyonesmile1 The conclusion to the battle with the robot is shown, and Tenchi gets to show why he is the namesake of the show. butts1 While Hachiko and Beni both have been seen to be formidable combatants, a bokuto or a mace just does not compare with a light-sword. badass1

This episode also confirms that Hachiko has some issue with having a weapon in her hands. She is obviously aware of this problem, and embarrassed by it. Perhaps it might be explained later? qt1

As to Tenchi being a badass, that just felt good. soawesome1 It has been a while since we saw young Mr. Masaki last wielding his beam sword in combat against Kain (TM!iL1, 1996). He gave the robot a heaping helping of NOPE with just about every attack, and won the day, protecting both of his students. mmhmm1

Also, the episode finishes the joke/allusion started in episode 9. In episode 9, Beni swung her fist at Tenchi, and he caught it in mid-air. Likewise, he brought the pain in episode 13. After the battle is won, Beni punches him and knocks him for a loop, surprising her. I believe this is a throwback to Katsuhito catching Ryoko’s punch in OVA series 1 episode 3, and Ryoko destroying the stairs with a punch, confused as to how the old priest could halt her force. Evidently, Tenchi is not all-powerful. blush1

Meanwhile, Yuki and Rui made off with boxes of stuff, and we get to see that creepy spider again. woooo1 What did they get and how will it affect future events? Tune in tomorrow. Tenchismile