Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 51-55

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 51-55 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 51-55

evilpii
    Participant
    none
    Many wheels are turning at this point, so many cogs in motion. gendo1 The GP seem content to sit and wait for the d.o. bullet to do its job.

Tenchi and Ryoko are with Momo and Beni after the pink sword key. Momo starts fading out of time, just like Tenchi did in TMiL1, but Tenchi uses his sword to stabilize her. This is a use of the sword that has never been used to my knowledge. Mainly, the sword has been a weapon, and occasionally as a command totem for Juraian ships, namely Funaho and Ryu-Oh (OVA 1). However, stabilizing a dimensional event with Jurai energy is not without precedent. In TMiL2, Haruna was using Tenchi’s energy to maintain her illusionary world. One does wonder if this incarnation of Tenchi has had those experiences and learned from them. qt1

Another point of fact is that Ryoko can touch the pink sword. A well-established fact from OVA 1 was that she could not touch Tenchiken, nor could Kagato. In Universe, the issue never came up as the only ones to touch the sword were Yosho, Tenchi, Achika, and Ayeka. Also, Ryoko is quite flexible, isn’t she? blush1

Ayeka and Sasami confront Ukan, demanding that the GP cease its aggressions. However, Ukan orders them arrested. I don’t think Jurai will stand for their princesses being manhandled by GP goons. wtfisthis1

Washu, on the other hand, just attacks straight on. fyeah1 With the force of a black hole, Goriki-kun gets to be a badass. iloveit1 I wonder what the animators could be referencing. gendo1

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/vlcsnap-2014-12-18-17h22m05s75_zps5098e344.png" />

This episode also clearly confirms that Goriki-kun is capable of mass shifting, which explains why he was so large when first introduced and human-sized in later appearances. Tenchismile

What’s going to happen next? Will Momo survive? Will Ayeka’s demands be met? And, will sempai notice Kumo-kun? mmhmm1 Tune in tomorrow! kiyonesmile1