Reply To: Anime Challenge~

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Anime Challenge~ Reply To: Anime Challenge~

WisperG
    DAY 24

I’ve never been bullied for liking anime, but I have had some strange looks from people and some awkward conversations about certain shows and I used to get some snarky comments from my dad whenever he’d see me watching, well, anything from Japan.

I don’t consider any of that bullying though, but I still never liked dealing with it. Because of this I’ve slowly turned into a bit of a closet anime fan over the years. Unless it’s something I’m watching with my siblings (DBZ, select Toonami shows, etc.) I try to only watch anime when I’m alone (whether it’s a show I wouldn’t want others to see me watching or not) and unless I’m among other anime fans I rarely talk openly about my hobby unless I’m asked.

DAY 25

For a long time I felt like Shinji was basically an anime version of me in my teenage years. I wasn’t messed up and depressed like he is, but his quiet/shy/wishy-washy/I-don’t-know-how-to-deal-with-this-situation personality was basically like mine. I’ve made a number of changes for the better over the past few years though, so these days I’d probably say I’m similar to a less awkward, less naive approximation of Mikado from Durarara.

As for who I wish I was like, well, I’m gonna go with Mikado again. Not his personality though (since I’m already like that), but his situation I guess you could say. Living in a new place with friends, getting to meet a bunch of unusual, but interesting people (especially headless bikers and busty, bespectacled babes, of course 😉), even being involved in some weird supernatural goings-on. The kind of life where something interesting is always right around the corner, for better or worse. Seems like that’d be pretty fun.