Reply To: Kajishima Onsen 15.03 + Special – Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 4

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Manga / Doujinshi / Light Novel Kajishima Onsen 15.03 + Special – Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 4 Reply To: Kajishima Onsen 15.03 + Special – Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 4

WisperG

susano wrote:

I want Washu’s son Mikumo and his wife Miyuki make a vist to Earth along with Mihoshi’s parents and her maternal and paternal grandparents. Mikumo has known about Washu being his biological mother for a long time . Yet, he is surprise to learn that she is one of the Chousin.

I believe it’s implied that they’re both long dead. Mikami is her granddaughter after all, and she’s an old lady. The odds of her father or grandfather still being around are slim to none, even with the extended, Jurai-esque lifespans the Kuramitsu’s seem to have.

I’ve always found the extended lifespans odd and difficult to explain though. Mihoshi is officially only in her 20s, right? (Or was that just Universe?) So, she ages normally up until being a young adult, and then starts aging super-slowly from there on out? Ditto for Juraians. We know Sasami is hundreds of years old like her sister, yet in the OVAs and Kajishima’s dojinshi she seems to be physically aging at a normal rate during her time on Earth. It’s so hard to wrap my head around how this works unless space years =/= earth years. But that theory opens up another whole can of worms :-?